Shopping for bathing suits can be a trying experience.
Perhaps you find the top of a bikini you love, only to find out that the bottom of the bikini doesn’t fit or vice versa. Perhaps you have a larger bust and can’t find a suit that gives you adequate support. Or perhaps you can’t find a bathing suit that is flattering or made of quality fabric.
I’m fairly certain that you can relate to one or more of these situations – I know I did.
Then in 2003, I found the answer – Malia Mills!
So why do I love Malia Mills?
Malia Mills was founded on the belief that women should embrace their figures and “love thy differences.” True to their motto, Malia Mills offers bathing suits in a wide selection of styles, which cater to women of different body types.
Additionally, because the tops and bottoms are sold separately, you are guaranteed to find the most flattering styles for your body type.
- If you are lucky enough to live near a Malia Mills, I highly recommend shopping at the boutique. The sales associates are beyond helpful (and patient) and will help you find the most flattering styles for your body. If you don’t live near a boutique, fear not! The website provides a link to an online personal stylist, who will help you find the styles most flattering for your body type.
- Because the majority of their suits are a solid color, you can easily mix and match different color tops and bottoms.
- If the color you want is sold out in your size call customer care. Malia Mills is manufactured in the U.S. and if the color is available they will “cut ‘n sew” it for you at no additional charge.
- Wear a darker color on the area you want to minimize/look slimmer.
The tops have sizes that correspond to your bra sizes and the bottoms have sizes that correspond to your pant size.
- If you are ordering online, use the helpful sizing guide, which provides fit tips for tops, bottoms, and one-pieces.
- A bathing suit should lie flat against your skin. If you feel the elastic digging into your skin, it’s too small. If the suit is sagging in places, it’s too big.
Yes, the suits are pricey, but their quality is amazing. As long as you follow their instructions for caring for your suits they will last you for years to come. In fact, I still wear the first top and bottom that I bought 11 years ago.
- Malia Mills sells their own brand of soap, which you can use to wash your suits. I use the same soap that I use to wash my lingerie. The key is to purchase a soap that is mild/gentle so that you don’t ruin the bathing suit.
- Subscribe to the mailing list so that you will be notified about the Malia Mills sample sale. Once a year, Malia Mills offers an online sample where the prices are reduced by as much as 75%.
Because of this steep discount, the items get sold out VERY quickly. This means that you should already know what styles and colors you like best BEFORE the sample sale begins. If you start doing this research once the sample sale has started, by the time you decide on what you want to order, it won’t be available.
And now, as always, I turn it over to you! Have you ever tried Malia Mills swimsuits? What are your favorite brands? Let me know in the comments below!